Background & Mission
Syracuse Development Academy is the top provider of elite soccer player development in Central New York.
The club was originally established in 2004 under the name Syracuse FC. SDA is 14 years old, but club history spans decades. The members of our coaching staff have been working, playing, and coaching together since the 1990s. We are proud to call SDA a premier soccer academy, but prouder to call ourselves a family.
In 2014 we joined forces with Nike, making SDA the only Nike Premier club in the region.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality soccer program for youth players in Upstate New York.
We create an environment that cultivates success in all aspects of the world’s greatest game, and we aim to grow that environment throughout New York.
Our players are given the space to grow mentally and physically in our high quality indoor and outdoor training facilities. SDA always offers fair opportunities for all players of the game.
The SDA vision is to continually grow and evolve within the world of soccer.
We strive to remain on the cutting edge of today’s game so that we can provide our club members with the opportunities they need to improve, be successful, and play at higher levels.
WHAT ARE WE DEVOTED TO?
• Developing 100% of our players to be prepared to play high school varsity soccer, if they so choose.
• Graduating players that will continue their careers in college soccer (currently, 90% of our players continue beyond the high school level.)
• Requiring all of our coaches to obtain NSCAA and/or USSF coaching licenses, with several staff members maintaining the highest licenses in the country.
• Providing access to the best leagues in the country including the US Soccer Developmental Academy, the National League, and the EDP Region I League.
• Creating opportunities for players to play during the summer while they are still in high school, college, and after college graduation.
WHERE DO WE COMPETE?
• Nationally and Internationally
• Collegiate Level, including Division I
• ODP, the Olympic Development Program
• USYSA Tournaments, including State Cup, Regionals, and Nationals
• Semi-Professional Teams
• Major Arena Soccer League – Professional indoor men’s league
• United Women's Soccer (UWS) – Tier 2 professional-amateur league