Youth Development Program
YDP is designed to develop ALL youth athletes.
All players will develop their skills, physicality and field sense while promoting good sportsmanship.
Players receive training based on a specific curriculum for ages 4 - 8. YDP is the Initial Stage for players.
Sessions are run by professionally licensed coaches.
Technical Emphasis in Initial Stage
• Passing and Receiving • Dribbling • Shooting
Curriculum for Initial Stage Objectives:
• Scrimmage: Take up good positions during the game
• Technical: Improve basic individual technique
• Physical: Develop coordination and basic motor skills with and without the ball.
• Psychosocial: Increase confidence with the ball.
By the end of the season the player should be capable of:
• Handling the ball with both feet and both hands.
• Occupying the original position during the game once an action is finished.
• Basic coordinated movements with and without the ball.
Initial Stage Breakdown (U4-U9)
• Young players from ages 4 to 8 love to play. Therefore, all practices should be based on fun games!
• Players must spend the maximum time possible in contact with the ball and experiment by themselves.
• For the first time, the player builds a relationship with other players. We give different responsibilities to the players in order to develop teamwork skills.
• Individual and collective games are essential for the player at this age to experiment with the ball.
• Basic motor skills like walking, running or jumping have to be combined with ball handling and ball control.