A. Syracuse Development Academy (SDA) offers programs for boys and girls from ages 4 to 19 years old. SDA offers players a chance to grow and develop as soccer players under professional licensed coaches. SDA’s overall vision is to have programs to develop players for all levels from recreational/travel, premier soccer, amateur young adult level, through professional teams. See link to Player Pyramid
A: Syracuse Development Academy’s (SDA) recognition has national distinction. We offer players quality training, licensed coaching, and a level of competition that sets us apart from other organizations. Our long list of collegiate players and alumni that have played professionally and even on the national team level is a testament to our focus on player development.
A. Syracuse Development Academy (SDA) will provide boys and girls teams in ages 4 to 19 years old.
A. Syracuse Development Academy (SDA) players will be dedicated to the game and their development within a team environment in a professional and respectful matter to the game and club. Players make a full year commitment to SDA.
A. We do not frown upon athletes that play multiple sports and in most cases encourage players to get the diversity that is needed to fulfill their athleticism to find what sport(s) are best for them.
A. Typically, Syracuse Development Academy (SDA) follows the United States Soccer Federation Guidelines for travel. Generally:
- Ages 4 to 9 will travel within a one hour radius for tournaments and all leagues will be local
- Ages 10 to 12 will travel within a three hour radius for tournament competition at a maximum of one tournament per month with most leagues being local competition
- Ages 13 to 19 will travel to compete against appropriate competition
A: Tryouts for the club are end of July through early August for any given year. If a player learns about Syracuse Development Academy (SDA) in the middle of the season or is making a transition from another club, a team will give a player a trial period to train with the respective team.
A: We encourage players to play age appropriate. There are individual cases where the club may feel that the best place for a player to develop would be to play at an older age group. This decision will be made by the Director of Soccer with input from the coaches involved with the individual player.
A: The United States Soccer Federation, the organization responsible for the US National Teams and US Olympic teams, decided to form a national developmental program for boy’s. Approximately 80 clubs across the nation were chosen to identify top players and form teams. Syracuse Development Academy (SDA) has an exclusive partnership with Empire Revolution Soccer Academy. The teams from these clubs will only compete within the US Soccer Developmental Academy.
There are three age group level teams for each club in the US Soccer Developmental Academy (under 14, 16, and 18) each team spans a two year age range for the players that are selected. For example, an under 16 team would typically include players that are 15 and 16 years old.
A. For girls and boys, ages 4 to 11, the season starts in early September. For all other age groups, the season begins the 1st week in November, after the high school season ends. All seasons will run through mid- to late July depending upon tournament schedule.
- Fall season runs from September through October and consists of training, friendly games, and any leagues or tournaments. For ages 4 to 12 only. Some exceptions made for 13 year olds not playing school soccer.
- Winter season will run from November to March and consists of indoor training, leagues, and tournaments
- Outdoor season (Spring-Summer) will run from March to July and consists of outdoor training, leagues, and tournaments